Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OPA!!! GREEK FESTIVAL!!!

Although we are obviously not Greek, we love to go to the Greek Festival every year. It has been a standing tradition for a long time. The first time I went to the Greek Festival, it was with my Gram K. We went when there were just a couple of booths for food and t-shirts and a few other little token items. That was probably about 8 years ago. Since then, the festival has grown and grown. People flood into the festival by the masses. There are tents everywhere, a food line that is an hour long, dancers, and all kinds of booths and tables selling things. I don't think I've missed a year since that first time I went with Gram. She wasn't able to go with us this year because of other plans, but I went with my sis, Emilie, and my kids, Brittany, Jessica and Addison. We had a great time, as usual.


Of course one of the main reasons we go to the Greek Festival is for the food... TO DIE FOR! LOVE IT!









Jessie loved it...










Emilie and Brittany loved it...










Even Addison loved it and ate quite a bit!











Of course, there were the dancers... who put on a fabulous show.











Addie and Emilie were very entertained with the dancers. Addie applauded them, cheered for them and cried for them when they left the stage.












Other than a small scare with Addie running into a crowd of a hundred people and we had to chase her down (and her mother having a heart attack), we had a great time just hanging out. We went to the museum and to the church as well.











And of course, had to buy pastries on the way out. We are definitely going again next year!

1 comments:

Clegg Family said...

How fun, Mel! Going to the Greek Festival is something I would LOVE to do - it always looks like so much fun...not to mention the amazing food! How about the Martins and Cleggs at the Greek Festival 2009?!